Phlebotomists are responsible for collecting blood specimens and interacting with patients from all age groups, with a broad range in degree of difficulty. Working jointly with all departments in the laboratory, phlebotomists are responsible for providing efficient and timely collections for the patients in order to provide excellent care.
Specific Job Duties:
- Primarily responsible for the collection of blood
specimens for the clinical laboratory.
- Computer test order entry in our outpatient
settings, specimen collection data entry
and assisting caregivers with patient reports.
- Preparing laboratory for inspection from
- Monitoring, maintaining, ordering and stocking
- Providing customer service to answer questions
from patient providers regarding patient results
or sample collection techniques or questions.